Doctoral art studies in dramatic and audiovisual arts
FOR ADMISSION OF STUDENTS TO THE FIRST YEAR
OF DOCTORAL STUDIES - DRAMATIC AND AUDIOVISUAL ARTS
IN ACADEMIC YEAR 2019/2020 YEAR
Up to 20 students may gain admission to the first year of Doctoral Studies - Dramatic and Audiovisual Arts at the Faculty of Dramatic Arts in academic year 2019/2020.
The entrance examination is a requirement for all applicants.
Requirements for admission to doctoral art studies are determined by the Law on University, the Statutes of the University of Arts and the Faculty of Dramatic Arts, as well as the Rulebook on Admission of Applicants to the Second and Third Level of Academic Studies at the University of Arts.
To be eligible to apply, the applicant must: complete master academic studies in dramatic and audiovisual arts with a volume of at least 300 ECTS credits during the previous studies with a GPA of at least 8.5 and at least grade 9 in the final exam; or have completed graduate studies in dramatic and audiovisual arts under the regulations applicable prior to the entry into force of the Law on Higher Education, with a GPA of at least 8.5 and at least grade 9 in the graduation exam.
The qualification exam for testing affinities and abilities consists of two parts:
1. Review and analysis of submitted documents and practical exercises.
2. Interview with the applicant in order to test the creative and artistic potential for proceeding to doctoral studies.
When applying, the applicant must submit:
- Completed application sheet
- A certified copy of the degree certificate or a certificate of completed previous education
- Academic transcript, with ECTS credits specified (if applicable)
- Motivation letter (font: Times, 12 pt, 2000 to 3000 characters)
- CV with professional works included
- Two references from eminent authors in the narrow artistic field, with at least 7.1 level of professional qualification
- Explication of the art research project in a printed and electronic form
- Portfolio of works (films, TV films, and broadcast works must be submitted in a DVD/video, or CD/audio format, which should be compatible with the original format of sound reproduction in the original piece. Works must include opening or closing credits in which the directors, producers, and associates are listed.), with overviews, reviews, and studies on previous art works or activities available to the public.
- Proof of payment of application fee (the application fee is RSD 8,000.00, to giro account 840-1612666-05, reference number: 51-07029799-03)
- Certificate of knowledge of one world language, if they have not passed a foreign language exam at one of the previous level of studies (undergraduate and master studies).
An applicant can earn a maximum of 100 points in the entrance examination, as follows:
- Maximum of 30 points based on the previous average grade during the studies. The average grade obtained in the previous studies is multiplied by 3. The average grade is calculated by rounding up to two decimal places.
- Maximum of 70 points in the qualification exam for testing affinities and abilities, as follows:
a. - Maximum of 25 points based on the previous art work.
b. Maximum of 45 points based on the interview with the applicant and test of creative and artistic potentials.
Only the applicant who passes the entrance examination can be ranked on the single ranking list. The Faculty determines the order of applicants who have passed the entrance examination according to the total number of points earned, as:
- government-funded students, and
- self-funded students.
An applicant may be admitted as a government-funded student if he/she is ranked up to the number approved for admission of applicants who are exempt from tuition, determined by this application process, and has earned at least 80 points in the entrance examination.
An applicant may be admitted as a student who pays the tuition fee if he/she is ranked in the single ranking list up to the number approved for admission of self-funded students, determined by this application process, and has earned at least 60 points in the entrance examination.
If two applicants have the same number of points, the applicant who has a higher number of points in the affinities and abilities qualification exam will be ranked higher.
The tuition fee at the Faculty of Dramatic Arts for academic year 2019/2020 for self-funded students of the doctoral studies is RSD 160,000.00.
The tuition fee at the Faculty of Dramatic Arts in academic year 2019/2020 for international students of doctoral studies who are nationals of a neighboring country (Republic of Hungary, Romania, Republic of Bulgaria, Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Republic of Croatia and Montenegro) is RSD 240,000.00
The tuition fee at the Faculty of Dramatic Arts for academic year 2019/2020 for international students of the doctoral studies is RSD 320,000.00.
The appointed office hours for the applicants are as follows:
- Friday, June 7, 2019 at 10 A.M. in the Assembly Hall of the Faculty of Dramatic Arts;
- Friday, September 13, 2019 at 10 A.M. in the Assembly Hall of the Faculty of Dramatic Arts, and
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at 4 P.M. in the Assembly Hall of the Faculty of Dramatic Arts.
Applicants are kindly requested to make a prior appointment for office hours at
011/31-32-686, on working days from 9 A.M. to 3 P.M.
Application for admission to the first year of doctoral studies at the Faculty of Dramatic Arts for academic year 2019/2020 will be held on October 2, 2019 from 9 A.M. to 2 P.M. at the Secretariat of the Faculty.
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION SCHEDULE
The entrance examination for admission of students to the first year of doctoral studies in academic year 2019/2020 at the Faculty of Dramatic Arts will be held on October 9 and 10, 2019.