Doctoral scientific studies - Management in Culture and Media
FOR ADMISSION TO THE FIRST YEAR
OF DOCTORAL STUDIES IN MANAGEMENT IN CULTURE AND MEDIA
IN ACADEMIC YEAR 2019/2020
Taking an entrance examination is a requirement for all applicants applying to gain admission.
Requirements for admission to doctoral academic studies are determined by the Law on University, the Statutes of the University of Arts and the Faculty of Dramatic Arts, as well as the Rulebook on Admission of Applicants to the Second and Third Level of Academic Studies at the University of Arts.
Up to 6 students may gain admission to doctoral academic studies in the Management in Culture and Media study program at the Faculty of Dramatic Arts in academic year 2019/2020.
To be eligible to apply, the applicant must: complete master studies in social sciences and humanities and art with a volume of at least 300 ECTS credits; or have completed graduate studies under the regulations applicable prior to the entry into force of the Law on Higher Education, with a GPA of at least 8.5 in undergraduate and master academic studies and grade 9 for the senior thesis.
Exceptionally, applicants who achieved a GPA under 8.5 and who published one of the following over the course of a five-year period prior to applying for the admission to studies:
- scientific or theoretical monographic book, or
- monographic catalog, or
- at least 5 scientific studies and discussions, or
- at least 5 studies, introductory texts or extensive reviews related to exhibitions, festivals, concerts, theatrical performances, performances, screenings, multimedia presentations, cultural policy, organization of artistic events, etc.,
will be enabled to take the entrance exam.
A reasoned decision on who can take the exam is made by the exam board not later than 48 hours before the entrance exam.
The qualification exam for testing affinities and abilities consists of two parts:
- Review and analysis of submitted documents and submitted works.
- Interview conducted by the board on the matters initiated by their works created thus far and on other relevant scientific and scientific research issues.
When applying, the applicant must submit:
- Completed application sheet
- A certified copy of the degree certificate or a certificate of completed previous education
- Academic transcript with the ECTS credits specified (if any have been achieved over the course of prior education)
- Motivation letter
- Senior/Master’s thesis or, in case the applicant completed art studies or studies for which a final paper/senior thesis is not required, he/she is required to submit a written paper of 50,000 characters (16 pages), addressing modern issues in management in art, culture, and media; applicants must define the topic on their own and, in accordance with a scientific methodology, write an original scientific or a review article.
- Proof of payment of application fee (the application fee is RSD 8,000.00 and must be paid to giro account 840-1612666-05, reference number: 51-07029799-03)
- Certificate of knowledge of one world language
An applicant can earn a maximum of 100 points in the entrance examination, as follows:
- Maximum of 40 points based on the previous average grade during the studies. The average grade during the studies is multiplied by 4. The average grade in studies is the sum of the average grades for all courses during the entire course of studies. The average grade is calculated by rounding up to two decimal places.
- Maximum of 60 points in qualification exam for testing affinities and abilities:
a) Maximum of 10 points based on the previous scientific and scientific and research papers, including senior/Master’s thesis presented by the applicant to the Board, and
b) Maximum of 50 points (up to 10 points awarded by each member of the five-member board) based on the interview with the applicant and assessment of his/her ability to perform scientific and scientific and research work in the given field.
Only the applicant who passes the entrance examination and who earns at least 70 points can be ranked on the single ranking list. The Faculty determines the order of applicants who have passed the entrance examination according to the total number of points earned, and classifies them into:
- government-funded students, and
- self-funded students.
An applicant may be admitted as a government-funded student if he/she is ranked up to the number approved for admission of applicants who are exempt from tuition, determined by this application process, and has earned at least 85 points in the entrance examination.
An applicant may be admitted as a student who pays the tuition fee if he/she is ranked in the single ranking list up to the number approved for admission of self-funded students, determined by this application process, and has earned at least 70 points in the entrance examination.
If two applicants have the same number of points, the applicant who has a higher number of points in the affinities and abilities qualification exam will be ranked higher.
Office hours for entrance examination related matters at the Management in Culture and Media study program are schedule for Monday, as follows: September 16, September 23, and September 30, 2019 at
Application for admission to the first year of doctoral academic studies at the Faculty of Dramatic Arts for academic year 2019/2020 will be held on October 2, 2019 from 9 A.M. to 2 P.M. at the Secretariat of the Faculty.
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION SCHEDULE
The entrance examination for admission of students to the first year of doctoral academic studies in academic year 2019/2020 at the Faculty of Dramatic Arts will be held on
October 9, 2019 at 1 P.M.